GDPR Privacy Statement
Personal Data Privacy Statement
HannawayCA Limited and its Corporate Finance and Business Recovery subsidiaries (collectively “HCA”) takes your privacy very seriously; it is essential to maintaining trust and confidence.
The aim of GDPR is to protect our clients and contacts from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world. As a result, this privacy notice explains how HCA will use the personal data it collects from our clients, contacts and others visiting our website.
1. We will process your personal data for the purpose of providing our services to you as set out in our letter of engagement, because this processing is necessary for us to fulfil our obligations under our contract with you.
2. If you have given us consent, we may also use your contact information to market our services to you in the future.
3. For clients, we will retain your personal data for seven years because we believe that we have a legal responsibility to retain it for this period arising from an engagement for services with you. Following this, we will destroy the data unless we have a separate obligation to retain the data for a further period.
4. The data will not be shared with any third party, except where we have a legal or professional duty to do so, or where we engage a third party to store data on our behalf within the European Economic Area (ie. a cloud computing provider).
5. We have in place, and maintain, adequate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the data stored by us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that safeguards of an adequate standard are put in place by any third party engaged by us to store this data.
6. In accordance with GDPR, you have a right to access any personal data that we hold concerning you. You have a right to ask that your data to be rectified where it is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date. In certain circumstances you have the right to erasure of your personal data, to restrict the processing of your data, to object to the processing of your data, and to portability of your data.
7. In view of our legal responsibility to retain data collected as part of any engagement with you, we cannot comply with most requests that such data should be erased or transferred before the end of our retention period, or that we should cease processing the data in accordance with the terms of our engagement.
At HannawayCA we seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information. Please send your data protection queries to us at or in writing to HannawayCA Limited, 12 Cromac Place, The Gasworks, Belfast BT7 2JB.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745